Pages

Sunday, November 23, 2014

It's beginning to look a lot like...

I used to tell people that my favorite holiday was Valentine's Day. I was lying to myself with that one. My favorite holiday is definitely Christmas. I love everything about it! I love decorating. I love the food. I love the meaning behind the holiday. I still get up before the sun comes out on Christmas morning because I am that excited to open presents.

At work, I have been taking care of the Christmas cards which has got me thinking about Christmas a little prematurely. In our house, we do not decorate until after Thanksgiving. Charles believes the decorations cannot come out until December 1st or later. Sometimes I can get away with a few days before, if I'm persuasive.

This Christmas we are in a new house, so I have to figure out where I will put the Christmas tree and how I will decorate. This is both the fun and challenging part of moving so often. It gives me the opportunity to spruce things up, but it also gives me more to think about.

I have been pinning some ideas that I might try out. I thought I would share some with you.

I think I have a ton of red polka dot ribbon. It has just been sitting in a box doing nothing. It might be a fun way to use it.

I mainly love the candy cane sign, but this image is full of color and light.

I have been meaning to make these for the past couple of years. I'm determined this year.

I am thinking on the new kitchen table to have trees like this as the centerpiece or along the middle of the table. We will see if I get around to making some.

I love the light swags. I don't think I have a good spot to do this, though.

I desperately want an old sled and skates to make this happen. Maybe I need to hit some thrift stores or antique stores. I know I have seen these items before.

No comments:

Post a Comment