Pages

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Sister Visit

This week my sister, Delaney, came out to visit. It was nice to see her and to have our first house guest. She flew into the bay area to spend a couple of days with a friend and then I met up with them in Napa. It sounds so fancy to meet someone in Napa, but I was a little disappointed in the part of Napa I saw. There was a lot of road construction and even more traffic. Ugh! I will have to give it another try.

Since Napa is so expensive, we actually stayed the night in Vacaville which was about 30 minutes outside of Napa. We checked out their outlet mall, which was a let-down and had some dinner.

The next day we grabbed breakfast at a local spot, Joe's Creekside Cafe. Afterward, we visited the Jelly Belly Factory in Fairfield, CA. You can tour the factory and get samples of jelly beans. They also had a wine and chocolate tasting that we participated in. Yummy!


Jelly Belly artwork

Our options for the tasting

The winner

The next day we spent time in Roseville for lunch and pottery painting. We also walked around the mall.
Our pieces


And yesterday we were planning on hiking. Right before we were about to leave the power went off expectantly. Therefore, I could not open the garage door to leave. We thought about walking down to another trail but the only way out was blocked by a couple firetrucks and police cars. I guess there was a fire. On the way back, we realized there is a fruit tree in a yard down the street and saw a deer napping in a flower bed. We came back to the house and played Monopoly until the power came back on. Then we drove up to Grass Valley for manicures and a snack. I went with a fun bold hot pink on my nails...perfect for summer!

Now I'm ready for more visitors!

No comments:

Post a Comment