Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

Thankful

A bunch of my friends are posting what they are thankful for each day this month. It's such a nice way to reflect on how blessed you are in life. Sometimes it is easy to focus on all the negative stuff that is happening in your life than to meditate on all the wonderful things we are blessed with.

I actually went to church yesterday. It has been a while...I think since around Easter. I've almost become one of those people that only attends church on major religious holidays. Ugh! Anyway, I went this week. The sermon was focused on giving back and serving the local community and world. My church is very outreach focused which is one of the main things that draws me to the church. They talked about a mission in Hondorus where the children in the village they serve can only go to school through 6th grade. After that it is too expensive for them to continue. I was truly blessed to have a great education all the way through college.

I encourage everyone to take some time and think about the many reasons you have to be thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment