Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day

Happy Election Day! If you are like me, you're very happy this day has finally come so the political ads will stop playing. In college, I was a political science major. Most people, when they learn that, assume that I am REALLY into politics. I am not. I enjoy the political process and policy enacted through the government. Candidates, though, are a different story. I wish America had a different way of doing things... more candidate options and/or more political parties to choose between. But, alas, that will probably never happen.

Being a military spouse and keeping our home of record in a different state than we are stationed, I was able to vote with an absentee ballot which I took advantage of. I'm not really sure if they received it since I was never given any confirmation. But I did what the instructions said, so I'm hoping my vote was counted.

I won't say who I voted for partly because it is not in good taste. I typically don't talk about my political views because pretty much all my friends and family have opposing views and I don't want to rock the boat. I voted for people that I believe in and think will do the best job for our country. I am anxiously anticipating what the rest of America has decided.

I encourage everyone to vote. If nothing else, you can get a bunch of free stuff by showing off your "I voted!" sticker.

No comments:

Post a Comment