Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Picture Frame Dress Up

As mentioned in a previous post, I am going to share with you how I dressed up a photo frame for my "wedding shelf" with the ribbon and pins from my wedding bouquet. It's so easy and could be done with any frame.
My Wedding Shelf...includes the bottle of wine we were given at our Rehearsal dinner, the two glasses we toasted with, my garter, the cake serving set (which desperately needs some polishing), picture frame, cake centerpiece, bottom of maple syrup that we used as favors and my husband's dried boutonniere.
Things you'll need:
Picture frame (I'm using one that holds an 8x10 photo...the front is just flat and white)
Ribbon
Decorative pins or other embellishments (buttons would be cute, too)
Wire cutter, if using pins
Glue gun and hot glue

First you'll tie the ribbon around the frame like I have done. Tie a bow on the corner. Then, if using decorative pins, you'll need a wire cutter to cut the top off the pin. My pins had a pearl-like top and looked so great against the brown satin ribbon. 
Once you have all the pins cut, eye ball or lay out how you want the pearls to lay on the ribbon. I love polka dots, so mine are in a polka dot pattern.
With a tiny dot of hot glue, glue the pearl tops onto the ribbon in your desired pattern. Hold it down until it dries.

* This post was shared on the following Link Parties:

1 comment:

  1. That is a really beautiful way to dress it up! And how fun to receive it! Great job! Thanks for sharing this @ Show & Share. I am so happy to have you!

    ReplyDelete