Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

PB Filled Cookies

I love anything chocolate and peanut butter. I saw a recipe on another blog (and I can't remember for the life of me what blog it was) for peanut butter filled cookies. They looked so delicious that I had to try them for myself. I also wanted to pass along the recipe.

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup peanut butter (we used crunchy, but creamy would work out great, too)
1 egg
1 Tablespoon milk (I ended up needing another splash of milk to make the dough stick together better)
2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter (again, we used crunchy, but in this case creamy peanut butter probably would have worked out a little better)
sugar for coating (I didn't do this step)

With a mixer, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar, 1/4 cup peanut butter, egg, milk and vanilla.

In a small bowl, using a fork, combine powdered sugar, 1/2 cup peanut butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla. I again needed a splash of milk to hold this mixture together better. I think it's because I used crunchy peanut butter.

Flatten a tablespoon of the chocolate dough in your hand*. Roll a teaspoon of the peanut butter mixture into a ball and place in the center of the dough. Wrap the dough around the filling and place onto a parchment lined cookie sheet (I skipped the parchment and it wasn't a problem). Flatten the cookies with the bottom of a glass and gently press one side of each cookie into a small bowl of sugar (I skipped this step). Bake, sugar side up, at 350 degrees F for 8 minutes.

* I ended up having to put the dough in the freezer for a few minutes half way through because it was getting too warm and my hands were too warm so it just wasn't working out great. It might be good to put the dough in the fridge or freezer for 10-15 minutes before you start.



* This post was shared on the following Link Parties:

No comments:

Post a Comment