Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2015

You should try this...

Yesterday Charles and I had a little date day. We started with a late lunch at BJ's Brewhouse. Even though it is a chain, they have some really yummy food. I love their fried artichoke appetizer. We both had small deep dish pizzas. Delicious!

Then we saw the new movie, A Walk in the Woods. It is based on the Bill Bryson book with the same name. We both read that book and love Bill Bryson books. The movie was really good. Of course, it was not as good as the book. The movie made me wish I loved hiking. The scenery is so beautiful.

We ended our evening by visiting the much-hyped Parlor Ice Cream Puffs. The concept is a donut stuffed with ice cream and toppings. Genius! I had a glazed donut with cake batter ice cream and Nutella. It was amazing! The donut is somehow warm while the ice cream inside is cold and melty (in a good way).


No comments:

Post a Comment