Pages

Saturday, March 7, 2015

A college town: Chico

A couple weekends ago Charles and I headed up to Chico for a night. It's not too far from us and is a great town. It is home to Chico State and has a great college vibe. Even though Chico is nothing like Rock Hill, home to Winthrop University, it made me miss college.

While in town we saw some of the sites. We visited an old covered bridge that is now part of a little park. It was a gorgeous area. We also visited the Gold Nugget Museum in Paradise, CA which is next to Chico.

The next morning I participated in a 5k while Charles ran a 10k. It was called the Almond Blossom run since it ran through almond tree fields. It was a beautiful day and I did pretty well (for me). Charles came in 1st in his age group!





He requested a picture with his two tickets to Paradise...what a weirdo :)


No comments:

Post a Comment