Pages

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Wine & Pizza

One of the many perks to being affiliated with the military is services like Outdoor Recreation. It's an organization on base that plans trips. I took my first Outdoor Rec trip last night for Wine & Pizza. Being in California, there is a plethora of wineries around. And you don't have to go all the way to Napa Valley either!

Everyone who signed up for the trip met at Outdoor Rec and they drove us. We visited Sierra Knolls Winery at their Bear River Tasting Room. It took us about 45 minutes to get there; I was a little worried that I was going to get car sick because the roads are a little curvy and I had an empty stomach. Luckily I made it through just fine.
The awkward part was that it was 2 couples, the girl who organized it, her father and me. I felt a little bit like a 3rd wheel. One of my friends was supposed to come, but she had to back out.

When we arrived they started pouring the wine samples. I think we tasted around 5 or 6 different types. I do not know anything about wine and do not usually like wine and I wasn't a big fan of any of the wines we tasted. I sat with the girl and her dad and they both liked several of the varieties, but they knew a lot more about wine than I did. They were fun to talk to.

We also had wood oven pizza...yum!

It was such a nice little spot for an evening visit. The weather was perfect and we sat outside for a little bit before heading back.

I did purchase a bottle of their Chocolate Dessert Wine. The winery owner recommended pouring it over some vanilla ice cream with some berries sprinkled on top. That just sounded so delicious. And the wine was actually pretty good...because it tasted just like chocolate. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment