Pages

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Book Club & Game Night

Soon after we moved here, I joined a Book Club. Our first meeting was great with maybe 8 ladies. Since then it has dwindled. Each month we vote on the next book from a list of choices from the admin. We have read a few books I never would have picked up myself, but all have been interesting. We have also read two books that I read in the past year. One of which was Call The Midwife. I love that series of books and I love the TV show. It has some heartwarming and heartbreaking stories.

Our most recent meeting was on Friday night. My friend hosted and we had fondue. Yum! We read The Goldfinch which was an interesting book, but totally different than I was expecting. I am still not sure if I liked the book or not. For the discussion, it just ended up being me and my friend even though a couple other people had RSVPed. It was still a good evening.

We're in the midst of voting for our next book. Both options seem a little better than The Goldfinch.

And last night I hosted a game night for some of my military spouse friends. Everyone brought some food or drinks. We chatted and played Apples to Apples. That is a great group game! It was so much fun to get to know everyone a little better. I love hosting events.

Next month almost everyone requested Bunco. I have only played once, but it was fun. It should be interesting!


No comments:

Post a Comment