Pages

Friday, October 18, 2013

The countdown begins

We finally received our orders for our upcoming move to California! When you're in the military, orders rule your life. You cannot plan anything without them because they tell you when and where you need to be.

We knew the move was coming, but we weren't 100% sure on the time frame. Now we know we'll be moving in about three weeks.

Needless to say, I am just a tad stressed out. Luckily, I do not have to pack and load a truck. Thank you military movers! I have never done this before so I am a little nervous about having other people pack up all my stuff and move it for me. Call me a control freak.

I have started a lovely To-Do list. One of my top priorities is to get some anxiety medicine for my two kitties. They hate riding in the car. This past weekend I went for a little ride with them to start getting them acclimated. Hobbes yelled at me the whole time and was panting. I was told this is a nervous behavior in animals. After being on hold with the vet clinic for what seemed like forever, I was able to make an appointment for next week. It will be nice to cross that off my list.

The biggest unknown is where we are actually going to live once we get to California. I do not have the luxury to visit beforehand, so it may be a last minute scramble to find a place that we like, that is in our budget and that allows pets. I've never moved without knowing our new address beforehand so this is a new thing for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment