Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

Super easy fudge

I've never ventured into the fudge-making world. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE fudge. For a while, every time Charles and I went on vacation we would buy a bunch of fudge and indulge ourselves. We would try several different flavors. My favorite is chocolate and peanut butter. He loves maple nut. I have just never tried it for myself.

Part of the moving process is clearing out the pantry. I had a can of sweetened condensed milk so I thought I would try to make some fudge. I pulled out the trusty Betty Crocker cookbook and found the easy fudge recipe. This isn't new and exciting, but it's easy so I thought I would share.

Ingredients:
1 can sweetened condensed milk (I think it is 14 oz)
1 bag of chocolate chips (I used mini chocolate chips)
1 teaspoon vanilla
mini marshmallows

Pour the milk and chocolate chips into a saucepan and heat on low heat. Stirring occassionally until melted together.

Remove from heat and add vanilla.

Pour in marshmallows (no exact amount...whatever looks best) and mix together.

Pour into greased 8x8 pan and spread out. Refrigerate for at least and 1 1/2 hours. Enjoy!

The recipe called for nuts, but I didn't have any. I would have loved to make some peanut butter fudge to layer on top, but that will have to happen another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment