Pages

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Back to School Party

My most recent resident event endeavor was our Back to School Party. Last year was the first time the community had this event and I wasn't able to volunteer. Because of that I went in a little blindly, but it turned out really well! The weather was gorgeous and a bunch of people came out.

Here are the highlights:

- Walking Taco's: We had these for our Cinco de Mayo event and they were a huge hit! I had never heard of them before that. Yesterday I ate two. To make a walking taco you need an individual bag of fritos, taco meat, lettuce, cheese, sour cream, salsa or whatever other taco toppings you like. You put everything in the bag and enjoy! We ran out about an hour before the event ended. Nice, easy cleanup!

- Bouncy House: this is always a huge hit for the kids. Towards the end of the event there were like 10 kids in there at the same time (of all ages, too). They decided to play duck, duck, goose. It was cute to watch.

- Frisbee Toss: I brought out one of our MANY Frisbee (Charles played Ultimate in college) and cones. I had the kids take turns throwing the Frisbee and the top two throws won a prize. I was pleasantly surprised at how well the kids threw. Some probably threw better than me when I was first introduced to the Frisbee in college.

- Egg Toss: Last year they did a balloon toss with very tough balloons. Apparently even after hitting the ground several times they did not break. This year we went with an egg toss for less prep work. Again the kids did surprisingly well. Afterward we still had a bunch of eggs left over and the kids did a mad rush towards them and quickly used them up by throwing them all over the place. It was very interesting.
- Pin the Tale on the Donkey and Cornhole: these were just out and the kids could play at their own leisure



No comments:

Post a Comment