Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Operation "Find a Dress"...

...has not been going well. I am on a mission to find a really cute dress for Charles' graduation from OTS. Since he'll be wearing blues, I want to find something that matches or coordinates.

This was my first attempt:

www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/the-cherry-on-dot-dress
I had such high hopes for this dress. It was just a tad too short and made my boobs look flat. Not a good thing for an already smaller-chested woman.Even looking at the picture now, I wish with all my heart this dress had worked out. I love the red and white polka dots. I just love the way the dress looks. It would have been so bold and fun!










My second attempt searching was yesterday at the mall. I had the afternoon off and spent it shopping! I went into just about every store that I thought would have at least one cute dress. I avoided stores such as Wet Seal and the like. I am not going to look slutty for my husband's graduation. After what felt like hours at the mall, I left with nothing. I saw lots of dresses, but none that I thought were cute or the right color. Remember, it has to match or coordinate with navy blue.

www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/the-story-of-citrus-dress
Today my Modcloth return of the above mentioned dress went through. I was able to order another dress from them. (One of the many things I love about Modcloth is hassle-free returns.) This is my third attempt:

I really hope this one works out. Even though I still have a couple weeks before the event, I would really love to cross this off my to-do list. 

If I don't like this one enough, I might just wear a dress I already own. I do have some pretty cute ones, but it's always nice to have an excuse to buy a new dress.


No comments:

Post a Comment