Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Turkey Trot

On Thanksgiving, I achieved a first for me. I completed an official 5k. If you know me, you know that I loath running. It has been a life long feeling. Charles has been hit by the running bug, so I thought we could do this together and make him really happy. We signed up for the Turkey Trot on base.

We got up bright and early Thanksgiving morning and headed over. The race was supposed to start at 8am which would have given us plenty of time to finish the race, get home and watch the whole parade. Come to find out after we arrive that the race didn't start until 8:30am.

We finished in 44 minutes and some odd seconds. We walked most of it (did I mention I hate running?). Charles was very encouraging, but I know he was feeling a little antsy to run. He was a trooper, though.

I don't know if I'll do another 5k, but I'm sure Charles will try to convince me.

No comments:

Post a Comment