Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Movie Review: Looper

On Friday, I took the day off from work to attend Charles' office get-together at Young's Dairy. Afterward, we decided to see the movie Looper. We hardly ever see a movie on opening weekend, but we went around 4pm and we got a free ticket from some reward points I have through work. There were like 10 other people in the theater with us.

Looper intrigued me because both Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Emily Blunt are in the movie. I think they are both good actors and have enjoyed their more recent movies. Plus, the description sounded interesting.

The movie is a little more violent than I was expecting. And it was a little sci-fi. But it was an captivating story. It takes place in 2044 (and according to the movie the world seems like a horrible place to be at that time). Time travel was invented 30 years from 2044 and is only available on the black market which the mob controls. The mob sends people back that they want killed. People called Loopers are given notice that someone is being sent back and they wait and shoot them immediately.

I won't go into too much detail more about the plot because I do recommend seeing it. The ending was good and not exactly what I was expecting.

1 comment:

  1. Good review Kristen. The plot makes perfect sense even if it may seem a bit confusing at first, and the suspense draws you in but something just did not mix so well in the end. I didn’t really care all that much for the characters and that’s sort of why the pay-off didn’t do much for me.

    ReplyDelete