Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Five Guys vs. In-N-Out

Going to California gave me a chance to try the famous In-N-Out Burger. I'm a huge fan of Five Guys, so I was definitely expecting something similar. When we walked up to the door, there was a line of people waiting for their orders. Charles hates lines, but we were determined to try it. The line went really fast and we were even able to score a table.




I ordered a cheeseburger and a chocolate milkshake. Charles and I shared an order of fries. They give you your order in a little red bucket-like tray. I liked that. At Five Guys, regardless if you order to eat in or to go, they give it in a brown paper bag. It feels a little wasteful sometimes.

At In-N-Out, they put a secret sauce on their burgers. I liked that. I also enjoyed the option to order a milkshake.

Plus, In-N-Out was a good deal cheaper than Five Guys...even in California. If you have never been to CA, it seems like EVERYTHING is more expensive. 

The things that just did not compare to Five Guys were the burgers and fries. At Five Guys, you can order a plethora of toppings. Even though I always only get lettuce, ketchup and mayo, it is nice to have other options if my taste buds decide to change. The fries at In-N-Out just didn't have the same good flavor that Five Guys' fries do. I'm not a huge fan of fries, anyway, but they just didn't match up.

Charles and I decided that In-N-Out would be a really good option for someone who is used to eating McDonald's or Burger King. Their burgers are freshly made and without all the crap that the other places have. Although, if you are craving a really delicious burger, go to Five Guys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment