Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Frisco Bay

Charles and I recently returned from a trip to San Francisco, CA. The circumstances of our trip were not ideal, but the trip was a good opportunity to meet new people and see new things. The reason for going was that Charles' grandfather passed away, so we went to his memorial service. But I was able to meet all of Charles' aunts and uncles on his Dad's side (13 in all), his grandmother, and a few other people.

We saw a lot of neat things and decided again that we do not like big cities. Too many people! But it was fun seeing all the San Francisco landmarks (and learning about a few that I had never heard of before). Here are some pictures from our trip:

Cable Car Museum

Alcatraz in the background

Musee Mecanique (reminds me of the Princess Diaries and basically the main reason I wanted to find this game in the museum)

Pier 39 sea lions

Golden Gate Bridge (north side)

Samuel P. Taylor State Park (Redwoods)

Marin French Cheese (The Cheese Factory)

House boats

2 comments:

  1. I love the picture of you with the arm-wrestler! We always said you looked like Ann Hathaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! That's probably my favorite from the trip.

    ReplyDelete