Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Blessings Monday




















I realize I haven't posted in a week. Life has been a little boring with Charles away on his vacation. I'm watched a lot of things on Netflix and I've looked at Pinterest way more than one person probably should.

This week's Blessings Monday is dedicated to the object that gets me from Point A to Point B--my car! I drive a mint green VW Beetle. It is basically my dream car!

Once upon a time when VW Beetles were being reintroduced (I think that was back in 1998 or something) I fell in love with them! I was in the 7th grade at the time and one of my teachers bought one and I was so jealous. At that time, I wanted a sunny yellow one.

In high school, my friends and I would say how we would each have one in a different color. It's amazing how much those girls have changed. One of them I cannot imagine in a million years driving a VW Beetle now. It just wouldn't fit.

My first car was a Ford Focus. It was definitely not my dream car, but it was a good car. Then in college, my dad got another car for my sister. Guess what...it was a VW Beetle. I was a little jealous.

But then after my junior year of college a series of events brought us together. Charles' car died and my parents moved to Texas. Charles bought my car, the Ford Focus, which he still drives. And because my sister had conveniently gotten into a minor fender bender which caused them to leave the car in  SC to be fixed, I was able to have the VW Beetle!

We have not always gotten along. I killed it once and had to get an engine transplant (long story that I would like to avoid telling because it was all my fault). And there have been a few other bumps in the road since then (literally and figuratively), but I am very blessed to have my dream car. It fits me perfectly and I don't know what I'll do when I have to get a new car.

No comments:

Post a Comment