Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

Some serious alone time

My husband is using some of his ridiculous amount of vacation time to take a three week long trip to include visiting his brother in Germany and traveling to England and Iceland. Because I have like 2 vacation days and I have little to no interest in visiting Iceland, I will be home alone for the next three weeks.

I guess everyone he works with is giving him a hard time about leaving me for so long. It's not like I don't care that he'll be gone for so long. If I could spend every second of every day with him, I would be very happy. But we are very secure and able to leave each other alone for periods of time. I love how our relationship works like that.

While he is gone I have a few things in mind that I will do:
- finish reading a book I started about a month ago, Millennial Momentum

- make lemon bars. Charles hates lemon flavored desserts so I don't make them very often. But they remind me of my Dad--he used to make lemon bars with us when we were growing up.

- finally make pillow covers for our couch pillows. I bought fabric and I've been slacking about making the pillow covers

- find some new black shoes for work. I have close to perfect black shoes for work. They are wedges and are pretty comfortable. But now they look a little worn and I need a new pair. I found a very similar pair on Amazon for $70 and I just don't know if I can justify spending that much on a pair of shoes. I know it's probably worth it considering how often I wear them, but I just hate to do it.

I'm sure I'll think of a few other things to occupy myself while he's away. But it will be a lot of quiet evenings at home with the kitties. And I don't have a problem with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment