Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Crepes for Easter potluck

Peanut butter, banana and honey
Work has been a little hectic lately. I work for an apartment community and part of our goal is to stay at a particular occupancy level. Our occupancy levels have been dipping down and everyone, especially management, has been a little stressed. For a moral boost, I thought it would be fun to do a potluck this Friday to celebrate Easter. Everyone else seemed to like the idea, too! I offered to bring crepes and some of my coworkers had never heard of crepes before.
These look amazing!

For those of you who don't know, crepes are like thin pancakes. They are French in origin. You can eat crepes with various fillings. My favorite fillings are anything sweet, particularly Nutella and banana slices. They are also great with cream cheese and cinnamon sugar. You can also eat savory crepes. You can fill them with meats, cheeses, herbs and more. Anyway you eat a crepe, I'm sure you would enjoy it!

Savory crepe example
For my crepes, I just use the recipe in the Betty Crocker cookbook. If you don't have that, just search on Pinterest or Google for a good recipe. They are pretty simple so it shouldn't be hard to find a good one. And have fun experimenting with different fillings--peanut butter, vanilla cream sauce, caramel, various fruits, nuts, and more.




No comments:

Post a Comment