Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Behind the times

My week without Charles has been pretty boring. He's having fun on vacation and we've been able to talk a couple of times which was more than I thought we would. Technology is great!

Since he's been gone, I reinstated our Instant Streaming portion of Netflix. We got rid of that part when they changed the pricing and before I had a job. But I figured it would keep me entertained while he was away.


So far, I've watched the last season of Army Wives. I got hooked on that show last year while he was at Tech School all thanks to Netflix. It's a great show and comes close to capturing what military life is like, although some of the story lines are a bit far fetched. It was a good season.

Now I'm on to Mad Men. I'm a little behind the times with watching this show. I don't know when it first came out, but it has always been on the back of my mind to watch. My sister likes the show. I have to say that I'm disgusted with the majority of the characters, but I find myself engrossed in the show, nonetheless. Each episode brings something even more awful, but you are also shown small glimpses of why the characters are so awful. Plus, I love all the clothes and the style from that era. I wish I could travel back in time, stock up on a bunch of gorgeous dresses and return home to enjoy them all. And it's interesting to see a little how advertising worked back then. It makes me wonder how accurate some of the dialogue and scenes are. Where women really treated that horribly? Did women really let men treat them like that? I think some women still let men treat them like that, but I hope, as a whole, we're better than that now.

No comments:

Post a Comment