Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Superbowl Food Re-cap

With the rest of America, Charles and I watched the Superbowl last night while enjoying some unhealthy foods. It's a fat tradition, but it's purely American. I really had no preference who won the game. I was leaning slightly more to a Patriots win since I was born in New England, but I definitely was not heart broken when they lost. I thought the game was pretty boring, the half time show weird, and the commercials were pretty lame with a few exceptions.

For our fatty dinner, we enjoyed cheese and crackers, spring/egg rolls, mozzarella sticks and leftover birthday cake. Kind of random and thrown together, but still pretty good. I thought I would review my foods for all of you.

Cheese and crackers:

Great Vermont cheese! I was a little nervous about the Chipotle part since I'm not a huge fan of spicy foods, but the cheese was very tasty and not very spicy at all.
Who doesn't love Wheat Thins? The Garden Vegetable flavor was very yummy with the Chipotle cheese.
Tai Pei Spring Rolls:
I'm not sure if I've tried this brand before, but I picked up these egg rolls or spring rolls (I can't remember now which they were). They ended up being really good. They are actually better than the egg rolls that we've gotten at the local Chinese restaurant. They would be great to keep in the freezer in case you want a small snack or order in Chinese food and want some egg rolls.

Farm Rich Mozzarella Sticks:
Frozen mozzarella sticks always sound amazing and then never compare to ones you get at restaurants. Every time I buy frozen cheese sticks I am reminded of this. Farm Rich makes some pretty good cheese sticks, but not as good as restaurant sticks. I was also disappointed that these did not come with marinara sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment