Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Movie Review

I've thought for months now that I should dedicate a post every once in a while to review my latest disc in my Netflix queue. To date, have I done that? No. Today, I am going to do just that!

Last night, Charles and I finally watched the disc that has been sitting around for a couple of days. Usually we're very on top of our Netflix watching because we have a very long queue. Last night's film was Everyone's Fine. Netflix thought we would give it 2.7 stars. I thought it was very good. I have to consult with Charles, but I would give it 4 stars (a movie has to be spectacular in every way to get a full 5 stars).

Basically it is about a man whose wife had passed away and she was the one who kept in touch with their 4 kids who were all grown up. He was preparing for them all to come visit, but at the last minute they each cancelled. He decided if they couldn't come visit him, he would surprise each of them with a visit. His first stop was NY to visit his son, the artist. However, his son was not home when he was there. Then we went to Chicago to visit his daughter, followed by Denver and Las Vegas. All the while, you can tell the kids are keeping a secret from him regarding what is really going on in their lives and what was going on with the first son.

The movie made me cry several times, which in my mind makes it a good movie. The ending was very sad, but the dad was able to become closer to his kids.

One scene that made me cry was after the dad had a bad experience with a homeless guy, he called his house so he could hear his late wife's voice on the answering machine. That's what helped him feel better.

I definitely recommend this movie if you want to watch a movie that will make you cry and appreciate your Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment