Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

Croissant and Chocolate Bread Pudding

Today I am going to share a recipe for Croissant and Chocolate Bread Pudding. I have only made this once and it was actually about a year ago. It was so delicious and it was very rich (and coming from me that says a lot...I never describe a dessert as rich). This would make a great recipe to bring to a holiday potluck.

Ingredients
6 large egg yolks
2 cups milk
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
6 croissants (about 1 pound), cut into 1 inch pieces
4oz bittersweet chocolate, cut into chunks

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Butter an 8 inch square pan or other shallow 2 quart baking dish.

In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, milk, cream, sugar, vanilla, salt and nutmeg. Add the croissants and chocolate. Mix to combine. (I think when I made it, I did not have any nutmeg, so I omitted that).

Transfer the mixture to the pan and bake until set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 to 40 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment