Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

Chocolate Cinnamon Snowballs

When I was in college, there used to be a local coffee shop called the Roasting Company. My husband (he was just my boyfriend at the time) and I went there one evening for a date night. We ordered cinnamon hot chocolate. It was so delicious and I have not been able to find anything like it anywhere else.

Today I was looking through the paper and the coupons. One of the ads had a recipe for Chocolate Cinnamon Snowballs. They look really yummy. And it seems like an easy Christmas cookie recipe. *Disclaimer: I have not made these, so I don't know if they actually taste as good as the picture makes them look. 

Ingredients
1 cup butter, softened (the recipe says not to use butter substitutes)
1 cup powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
2 cups all purpose flour
Extra Powdered sugar

Directions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Beat butter, powdered sugar, cocoa, vanilla and cinnamon with an electric mixer until light. Gradually add flour, mixing until just blended.

Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Place one inch apart on greased baking sheet.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer from baking sheet to wire racks; cool slightly. Roll in powdered sugar; cool completely on racks. Re-roll in powdered sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment