Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Caramel Apple Pecan Pie

A couple years ago, I found a recipe for a Caramel Apple Pecan pie (probably in a magazine, but I don't remember). It sounded so delicious! I decided to make it for Thanksgiving that year. When I took my first bite, I thought it was the most amazing apple pie I had ever tasted and decided to make it every Thanksgiving.

Tomorrow, after work, I'll be making this pie, but I wanted to go ahead and share the recipe with you. It's so easy to make, especially if you use store-bought pie crust. I love to bake, but I am intimidated by pie crust. And my kitchen is pretty tiny, so I don't have much room for rolling out a pie crust anyway.

Caramel Apple Pecan Pie

Ingredients:
2 9" pastry shells or pie crusts (don't buy Pilsbury... they have trans fat)
4 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced (you could use a different kind of apple, but I love Granny Smith. You kind of need that tart to balance out the sweet from the caramel. And it says to slice them, but I just chop them into bite size pieces)
1/2 cup chopped pecans (you can omit these if you don't like nuts)
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 lb chopped Caramels (I use Werther's)
2 Tablespoons flour
1/4 cup milk
Milk and sugar for the top

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl, toss together apples, pecans, sugar, caramels, flour and milk.Spoon mixture into pie crust. Top with other pie crust. Pinch together edges. Cut slits into the top (our your initials to be fun). Brush top with milk and sprinkle with sugar (this just gives it a nice shimmer).

Bake until crust is golden brown, about 45 minutes.

Sound easy, huh? It definitely is! I hope you enjoy!

* This post was shared on the following Link Parties:

No comments:

Post a Comment