Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

Upside Down Pumpkin Cake

At work last week, we had a "Steak Burn." I had never heard of a "steak burn" before, so I wasn't really sure what it was. Basically, we all had an extended lunch and my boss's boss, Ron, grilled steaks, chicken, potatoes, etc. The food was really good! And it was nice to have an extended lunch and play some Skip-bo with my co-workers. (If you have never played Skip-Bo, go to Target, buy it and play it...you'll be hooked for life).

Anyway, for dessert Ron brought a dish his wife made. It was absolutely delicious! My boss, Michael, requested several times during the Steak Burn that he email it to us. He did. I wanted to share the recipe since it was so yummy. I haven't made it yet, but it's definitely on my to do list.

Upside Down Pumpkin Cake

Ingredients:
1 29oz can Pumpkin
2 teaspoons Cinnamon
3 Eggs
1/2 teaspoon Ground cloves
1 3/4 cup Sugar
1 12oz can Evaporated milk
1 box Yellow cake mix with pudding
1 cup Chopped pecans
1 cup Melted butter

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, blend pumpkin, sugar, spices, eggs and milk. Pour mixture into a 13x9 pan. Sprinkle cake mix and nuts over mix. Pour on melted butter and spread over whole surface. Bake for 60 minutes until firm throughout.

According to the recipe, this is best if made ahead of time and served the next day or later. It's not as good right out of the oven.



No comments:

Post a Comment