Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Green Life

Since I'm a lazy environmentalist, I thought I would share a few of the things I do to be Earth-friendly.

1) Cloth napkins. I love using cloth napkins! It's a little more of an investment up front, but it is so worth it. You don't have to constantly buy the paper napkins and cloth napkins can be used several times before you have to wash them. And then you just throw them in with your regular load of laundry and voila!

2) Old-fashioned push mower. My lawn mower uses no electricity or gas which is fantastic! It was a lot cheaper to buy, too! It works great. I highly recommend it.

3) CFL lightbulbs. I honestly haven't replaced all the light bulbs with CFL's yet, but I have changed out the ones that we use most often. They do cost a little bit more, but they use so much less energy. I've considered trying the LED bulbs, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

4) Organic food. Of course, we can't afford to buy all organic. But we do purchase a lot of organic produce (whatever we can find). Organic is great because you don't have to worry about consuming harmful pesticides.

5) Reusable grocery bags. I love reusable bags! You can fit so much more in them and they are easier to carry from the car to the house. That part was more important when we lived on the 3rd floor of the apartment complex, but it's still nice.

These are all pretty run-of-the-mill Earth-friendly stuff, but they are easy to switch to.

No comments:

Post a Comment