Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Au Gres, Michigan

Our last few days in Michigan were spent in Au Gres. This town is primarily a vacation spot for spending time on Lake Huron. My grandma lives there and my parents rented a lake house for a few nights. Being right on the lake was amazing and the house was well-equipped. It had a fire pit that we enjoyed two of the nights.

The memorial service was held on Sunday, September 18. I was not very close to my grandfather, so I was not sure how I would feel at the service. But it was a very emotional few hours. He served in WWII and they had a presentation of the flag to my grandmother. I started bawling (my version) during this part.

After the service, we went to my Aunt Maria's house and took a few photos. (The cousins picture is missing my cousins from my Dad's two older sisters.) It was good to spend time with family. We never lived in Michigan when I was growing up and we did not have the chance to spend a lot of time with them throughout my childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment