Pages

Friday, June 24, 2016

Pineapple Painting

Have you ever been to one of those painting/wine parties? They are a lot of fun! You can learn a lot about painting techniques and it is always interesting to see how different everyone's paintings end up.

I went to one a while ago, but I wasn't a fan of the painting they were going to be doing. I brought my own supplies and created my own art while enjoying the company of the group.

I had seen a watercolor pineapple piece on Etsy and fell in love. I wanted to recreate it. I did not have any watercolor paints and experimented with acrylic.

Before the party, I searched for a pineapple pattern. I chose the one below (from Google) and made a stencil out of it. 
I love how it turned out! The colors are fun and bright. It is very different from the piece I found on Pinterest, but that is totally fine. I have it in the downstairs half bath next to a pineapple scented candle. It goes well with my You are my Sunshine painting.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment