Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Bacon wrapped avocado

I will be the first to tell you that I do not love avocado. But I will eat it. Once we ate at a diner that had avocado fries as an appetizer. It was a breaded and fried piece of avocado with dipping sauces. It was surprisingly delicious. Then on Pinterest I came across bacon wrapped avocado. Hmm... that could be tasty! I tried out the recipe the other day and it was an enjoyable culinary experience. You can view the original recipe on Oh, Sweet Basil.




Bacon Wrapped Avocado

Ingredients
Bacon
1 Avocado
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 to 1 t chili powder

Directions
Heat the oven to 425 degrees.

In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar and chili powder. Set aside.

Line a baking sheet with foil (or be prepared to do a bit of scrubbing afterward).

Cut open the avocado and remove the pit. Slice about 3/4 inch slices lengthwise through the avocado and then cut in half width-wise. I made 4 cuts lengthwise giving me 8 chunks of avocado per side...16 chunks total. Cut each slice of bacon to wrap around each chunk of avocado. I just cut each slice in half, but you could cut in thirds to make your bacon go farther. Wrap the bacon piece around the avocado chunk. Roll in the brown sugar mixture and place on baking sheet. I had a bunch of the brown sugar mixture leftover after rolling all my pieces so I spooned the rest on top of each chunk before baking.

Bake for 10-15 minutes. Remove from the oven. I put mine on some paper towels to soak up some of the bacon grease before transferring to a pretty plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment