Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Design: Book Club

When we first moved to this base, a new book club was started. I have been going since the first meeting where we read Mr. Penumbra's 24- Hour Bookstore. About a year ago I became the admin for the group which allows me to maintain the Facebook page and make sure the group keeps running smoothly. It is a lot of fun and, since we are so casual, it is not a lot of work.

Our base recently had a festival and they invited several base interest groups to have tables to promote themselves. The book club was asked to join and I was happy to do it. Since I have been in charge of the group I have not really promoted the group except in a base spouse Facebook page. But this would be a fun way to reach out to more people.

My friend, Emily, and I hung out at the table and we met some really nice folks. I was surprised that even some guys came up and chatted with us. So far our group has only been females. But having a male member would add a different perspective and maybe open us open to books we might not pick otherwise. 

For the table, I created a sign, a signup sheet and a little take-away flyer. I started my design process by searching other book club flyers on Google and found a really cute one that I could pretty easily replicate. I'm really happy with how it turned out!

Fonts I used:
Modern No. 20
Gardenia (one of my favorite fonts right now)
Segoe Script


No comments:

Post a Comment