Pages

Friday, April 15, 2016

Where you lead, I will follow

I don't know if you know this about me, but I am a HUGE fan of Gilmore Girls. I have been watching the show pretty much since the beginning. I have seen the whole series at least 7 times since then. I am currently re-watching it on Netflix just for the heck of it. Even though I have watched it sooooo many times, I still laugh and cry. I have so many favorite moments from the show. When it ended, a hole was left in my heart. I am BEYOND excited for the Revival.

One day Charles and I were driving "to town" (we live in the middle of nowhere) and I was thinking about my big 3-0 birthday. Charles had mentioned months before having a party for me. He was thinking we could do an Alice in Wonderland theme (another thing I love, love, love). But all of a sudden, while sitting staring out at almond trees, it hit me! I will have a Gilmore Girls themed 30th birthday party! It was a moment of pure genius.

Thus work began on my party. And what I mean by that is I searched Pinterest for ideas. There were several ideas out there, so I'm not the only super-fan thinking along these lines. Check out my Pinterest board.

Gotta have the Luke's Diner sign
No Cell Phones, of course
Fun graphic with a bunch of Gilmore Girl quotes
 I think I was the ONLY person at my party who got this. Wolf Girl! If you can't remember, Richard & Emily gave this piece of art to Lorelei and Christopher after they got married as a wedding present.
I love this graphic! It shows the numerous jobs Kirk held over the series.
I made Pro/Con lists for each of Rory's boyfriends. Everyone voted on which they liked best. #TeamJess did not win, but he's my favorite!
My photo backdrop. I had to incorporate snow somewhere!
Harvard vs. Yale with life lessons from the show
Not quite 1,000 yellow daisies, but it's the thought that counts.

I feel like if fruit were skewered, the Gilmore Girls would eat more of it.
We enjoyed some mini cheeseburgers. They probably were not as good as Luke's, but on Hawaiian rolls almost anything is amazing.
For our beverages, we enjoyed Founder's Day Punch (aka rum punch) and Coffee Punch. The coffee punch was DELICIOUS! I'll share the recipe soon.
My cake was super chocolately and yummy! In the middle was a layer of straight up chocolate fudge. I think I just gained a few pounds thinking back on the deliciousness of it.
My gal pals and me
Me and my "Luke". I'll have you know he purchased this flannel shirt just because of my party. He's so sweet. And my shirt is pretty awesome, too. I ordered it from the WB shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment