Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Aloha! Dole Plantation

Who doesn't love pineapples? I have to admit that I used to not like them. I cannot remember how I was finally converted, but I am thankful that I was. My roommate in college loved pineapples. I remember her referencing a Pineapple Princess song. Random memory, but I cannot talk about pineapples without thinking of her.

One stop on our Hawaii vacation was the Dole Plantation to see some pineapples up close!

The Dole Plantation has a great garden you can walk around. It has a ton of signs that tell you about the local plants. It was very informative!







Enjoying that Dole Whip!

We had to return a second day to finish our Dole Plantation activities. On the first day, we were able to do the Garden Tour and a Train Ride. When we boarded the little train, it started to rain. The rain did not stop for the rest of the day.

On the second day, we completed the maze. The maze is gigantic! There is a bit of a hunt to find the various signs which each have a little image to trace on your map. Luckily Charles is an excellent navigator and we were able to find all the signs. If it were just me, I think I would still be lost in the maze.



No comments:

Post a Comment