Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Columbus Day Weekend

I was lucky to have Columbus Day off this year. Since Charles also had it off, we spent the weekend out of town. We drove up to Eureka to see what the northern coast of California had to offer. Our drive up took us through the Avenue of the Giants. It was wonderful driving through seeing and smelling all the redwoods. It really makes my heart happy to be around forests.

Eureka was a nice area to visit. Although, I was expecting something a little more picturesque. But I guess it used to be an industrial/mill town.

We ate at a bunch of places that Guy Fieri had been. I think only one place we knew beforehand that he had been to.

On the drive home, we took a different route. It was much curvier and had almost no places to stop along the way. Luckily, I did not get car sick. I have a tendency to do so on curvy roads. However, with the lack of bathroom facilities I did have to make other arrangements when nature called. That wasn't fun. I am not an outdoorsy person. 


Isn't this just the cutest little tree house?






Great little zoo in Eureka!

We were able to watch the red pandas at feeding time. They are so adorable!

Another place we really enjoyed in Eureka was the Botanical Gardens. They had beautiful flowers and nice trails.

We love collecting pictures of old churches. This one is in Ferndale which is a great Victorian town near Eureka.

A street view of Ferndale.

No comments:

Post a Comment