Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

The Fat Rabbit Public House

Last weekend we were in the Sacramento area for a marriage retreat. The retreat sessions ended earlier than we were expecting and we were left to entertain ourselves for the rest of the day. It was a million degrees outside which limited what we were willing to do. We were near Folsom which has a nice farmer's market. The other times we have been to that farmer's market there has been a food truck that has the most amazing waffles. I have been craving one. Unfortunately, the waffle truck was not there. Bummer!

But that part of Folsom has a nice area to walk around with stores and restaurants. We decided to grab lunch at the Fat Rabbit Public House. It was great! Right when you walk in you are met with that old building smell. I'm not talking about that gross, dirty old building smell. I am referring to that wonderful smell of a vintage place with all the character and memories that come with it. We found a spot and glanced over the menu before deciding on what to order.

I had a delicious Aspall's cider and chicken pot pie. My favorite type of chicken pot pie is with puff pastry on top and this one had that. Yummy, yummy, yummy! Charles had a beer and the Ploughman's Platter which included cheese, meat, apples, pickles and a salad. He enjoyed his, as well.



The whole time I felt like I was back in Dublin, Ireland. Dublin has been one of my favorite European cities.

No comments:

Post a Comment