Pages

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Cruising: Skagway & Haines

Our next stop for the cruise was Skagway. We walked off the boat to a gorgeous, sunny day! I was so happy. On the agenda for our day was kayaking. I have never in my life been kayaking before and it always made me nervous. I have no idea why. I have been canoeing several times and really enjoyed it. Maybe a kayak did not seem as stable.

First we took a ferry ride to Haines, AK. We met our guides and they drove us to the lake for kayaking. We geared up and loaded into kayaks. We had a tandem kayak with me in back steering. We were the last to get loaded which was nice that we did not have to wait very long to get out on the open water.

Lots of fishing boats
 







Our guides were fantastic! They were super friendly. We had a lot of fun and I cannot wait to go kayaking again sometime.

After paddling around for a while, we had a picnic type lunch of sandwiches, chips and cookies before heading back on the ferry to Skagway. In Skagway, we walked around the town to see the billion jewelry stores and other souvenir shops that pop up in any cruise port.


No comments:

Post a Comment