Pages

Friday, June 20, 2014

Proud Member of the Sacramento Zoo

Earlier this week Charles and I both had the same days off. This hasn't been happening as much as I would like. To take advantage of this opportunity, we spent the night in Sacramento and did some exploring.

On the first day we toured the California State Capitol. It is a gorgeous building! We did not take any pictures, but it was worth the visit. It helps that the tour is free. The grounds around the capitol building would make a great picnic spot.

For dinner, we headed to the mall where they had a Johnny Rockets. I enjoy that place even though it is probably horrible for you. My burger and milkshake were tasty!

The next morning we headed to the Sacramento Zoo where we took a bunch of pictures. We enjoyed the zoo so much that we decided to become members. It did not cost a lot and you can get discounts at other zoos across the country if they are part of the same Zoo Association. Score!







We ate lunch at a Diners, Drive-ins and Dives spot--Dad's Kitchen. My pulled pork sandwich was tasty and just thinking about it is making my mouth water.

No comments:

Post a Comment