Pages

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Mini hat

My annual get-together with my college sorority sisters is THIS weekend! I am making the long journey from California this year and I am not looking forward to a long afternoon/evening in the air. But I will get to see my friends and my real sisters while in town, so it should be worth it.

Each year there is a brunch and the theme for this year's event is hats. I own baseball caps and that is it. I figured wearing a baseball cap to a brunch would not be very cute. And being unemployed at the moment I did not want to go out an buy a hat to wear once. Pinterest to the rescue! I found a tutorial for a fun little hat that I can pin in my hair. The tutorial and pattern are on FleeceFun.com.



If you are doing the no-sew option, the directions called for spray adhesive. I did not have any, so I used scrapbook adhesive. I didn't know if it would work, but it worked out alright. The tutorial also calls for fleece, but I used regular fabric.

I realized after I finished that my middle section is upside down. Ever since I have considered making a new one, but have not done so yet. It still looks like a hat and I would probably be the only one to know. The hat isn't perfect, but it is good enough and it was FREE! I already had all the supplies I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment