Highlights from the car ride:
- the first couple of days with the cats was not too bad. They were too afraid to move. It all went downhill after that. Hobbes was especially annoying since he wanted to explore the driver's area and would not sit still or be quiet. We gave him a whole pill of the sedative one afternoon. We were only supposed to give half. He was out for a few hours and loopy for many more after that. It was quite entertaining once you stopped feeling guilty.
|I am using zero strength to hold this tumbleweed. The wind was doing it all.|
- I had super awesome gas mileage on the last couple days of the ride. It was amazing!
- We stayed in some pretty crappy motels. There are no funny or horrifying stories... I just appreciate the finer hotels a little more now. It is just amazing how much of a difference there is. You would think a business would take a little more pride in their product. I guess you get what you pay for.
- We paid $4.99 a gallon for gas one day because I totally wasn't paying attention. We had to stop in the middle of nowhere; I guess they like to take advantage of us stupid drivers. I have to take solice in the fact that we were not the only ones. A couple of ladies pulled up around the same time and were in a similar predicament.
- We saw a ton of wind turbines after we entered California. There were hundreds. It was cool to see.
I'll post again soon about the search for a house and our final decision.