Pages

Saturday, July 20, 2013

The unpredictability of event planning

As you know from reading my past posts that I help plan the resident events for neighborhood I work for and live in. For today I had planned an Un-birthday party. No one seemed to get the reference. For anyone else who does not know, the un-birthday party idea is from the Disney cartoon version of Alice in Wonderland. This is one of my favorite cartoon movies! This event was more like a birthday party and not much like the spectacle in the movie.

However, after unloading everything from my car it started to pour down rain. And there was thunder! I looked at the radar. It wasn't a ton of rain, but there was a strip coming towards us. So I packed everything back up.

I was pretty excited about the event. Here's the run-down of what I had planned:

- Cupcakes--If you have a Sam's Club membership you can order a lot of cupcakes for a great price. I think it is $14 for 2 dozen cupcakes.
- a GIANT pinata. I bought the large cupcake pinata from Party City. It is super cute. I was going to fill it all the way, but after halfway it was quite heavy.
- Party Hats
- Goody bags--nothing fancy inside, but stuff that kids would like such as temporary tattoos, glo sticks, candy, little toys, etc
- Ring Toss, Pin the Tail on the Donkey, Duck Duck Goose, Hot Potato and a Frisbee toss game
From Amazon

- Birthday music--I found a Happy Birthday station on Pandora.
- Birthday decorations like banners and streamers

No comments:

Post a Comment