Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Worn

The past few days have been exhausting and for no good reason. I'm really feeling the fact that Charles is away.

Yesterday work just d-r-a-g-g-e-d! I could not get out of there soon enough. School was cancelled due to snow and one of my colleagues brought her daughter in. Her daughter is very sweet, but the cartoons in the background and just basic kid stuff got old quick. By the end of the day my head was killing me. You can tell I'm not a parent.

Today we hosted a Networking event for local businesses at work. We did this once before in November and this time was even better. Not everyone who RSVPed came out, but people talked and shared and it was really nice. It did tire me out. If you are an introvert, you will understand this. I enjoy spending time with people, but if I'm with people for an extended period of time (especially people I don't know well) I start to get really tired and am ready to just be by myself for a while. That's how I felt after an hour or so at this networking event. It was great talking to people and listening to their stories, but after a certain point I was mentally done. It's funny how something that basic can wear you down.

I made some scrambled egg cups for the networking event that turned out pretty tasty. I'll have to share the recipe soon.

So now I'm taking my lunch break and wishing the time away before I can see my husband again.

No comments:

Post a Comment