Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

Strawberry Fudge Pie

Charles requested that I make a Strawberry pie. Strawberry Pie has never sounded appealing to me, but I looked on Pinterest for a recipe anyway. I came across one that looked amazing! It's called Strawberry Fudge Pie. So I thought I would give it a chance. I deviated from the recipe a little bit because it called for a brownie mix and I love my homemade Gooey Chocolate Brownies (follow the link for the recipe for just brownies).

Strawberry Fudge Pie

Ingredients:
One pie crust (I use Immaculate Baking Co. crust because it's amazing! You could always make your own, too)

Brownie Layer:
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
2oz unsweetened chocolate
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup chocolate chips

Cheesecake layer:
1 8oz package cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla

Strawberry layer:
3 cups strawberries, halved

Make brownie layer. Combine butter and unsweetened chocolate in saucepan and melt over low heat. Add sugar; mix to combine. Remove from heat and let cool for 15-20 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Once cooled, mix in eggs. Add flour and chocolate chips.

Pour brownie batter into crust-lined pie pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Brownie does not need to be completely done.

Meanwhile, make cheesecake mixture. Beat together all cheesecake layer ingredients. Once brownie layer is done baking, pour cheesecake mixture over brownie and carefully spread over the top. Bake the pie another 18 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Let cool for an hour.

Cut strawberries and place cut side down on top of cooled cheesecake layer. You can melt some chocolate and drizzle over the top to add a little extra touch, but I skipped this step out of laziness. Refrigerate for an hour.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment