Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Rejection

A couple weeks ago, I applied for a job which I felt that I was a shoe-in for. The job description sounded great and was filled with things I could definitely handle and excel at. I even made it to Phase 2 of the hiring process. Yea! I felt really good about it.

Flash forward to yesterday and I received an email that basically said (like so many emails I've seen over the past 3 years), sorry...you suck...we went with someone who actually has experience. So, it didn't say that exactly, but it sure does feel like they might as well say that.

I drowned my sorrows with a little bit of retail therapy. I got a cute, casual shirt at Old Navy. It has white and yellow-gold stripes. I got it because the gold is a Winthrop University color. Go Eagles! I got a comfy grey skirt at Target, on sale! And I got two little wall shelves for our "office" to show off my little collection of lambs. The mascot for my college sorority is a lamb and I've amassed a  collection of them.

What do you like to drown your sorrows with?

No comments:

Post a Comment