Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Kitty treats--2nd edition

Our first batch of kitty treats is almost gone, so it was time to make some more. They loved the last ones, but I had another recipe that I wanted to try out. The ones I made today are called Turkey Treats and are super easy to make.

Turkey Treats
Ingredients
1/2 lb ground turkey
1 small boiled and mashed sweet potato
1 teaspoon grated cheese (I used a mixture of Parmesan, Cheddar and Mozzarella)
1 beaten egg

Mix all the ingredients together. Scoop by half teaspoon (I actually did an overflowing 1/4 teaspoon) onto a lightly greased cookie sheet (I remembered this time!). Bake for 7-10 minutes at 350 degrees, until they are brown and firm, but not crunchy. According to the recipe, they freeze well.

It hasn't been treat time yet, so I'm not sure how the kitties will like them, but they smelled delicious to me.

Calvin and Hobbes playing with a bottlecap
* This post was shared on the following Link Parties:

No comments:

Post a Comment