Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Cleaning Green--Toilet edition

Since Cheryl is arriving today, I'm in last-minute cleaning mode. I usually only really clean when guests are coming. Not that my house is dirty all the rest of the time...I just go longer before deep cleaning things. So, I went to go clean the toilets and realized I did not have toilet cleaner like I thought I did. When we moved, I brought all the cleaning stuff with us that we had in Rock Hill, but I guess I had used up all the toilet cleaner before we moved. Being too lazy to go to the store and buy some toilet cleaner, I thought I would Google homemade toilet cleaners. A lot of the recipes call for vinegar which I never have. I don't like vinegar and don't have any recipes that call for it. But I came across one that used baking soda and lemon juice. I happen to have lemon juice from when I made some punch for an office party that we went to before Memorial Day. Here's how I did it:

- I sprinkled some baking soda in the bowl (I didn't measure...just eyeballed a good amount)
- Poured in some lemon juice (again, no measuring)
- Let it get a little bubbly
-Scrubbed as normal

It worked pretty well. It got the water stains out and smelled fresh and clean. Hopefully the sparkling toilet lasts a good amount of time. Maybe I'll never buy toilet cleaner ever again. And maybe I'll try making more homemade cleaner sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment