Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

social network

I finally rented The Social Network from Netflix (I love Netflix, by the way. I don't know why everyone doesn't use it). I had heard the movie was really good and I was interested to watch it because I owe a big, important chunk of my life to Facebook. As many of you already know, my husband and I met via Facebook. I joked that we should invite the creator of Facebook to our wedding. Anyway, I didn't think the movie itself was that amazing. Charles refused to watch it with me because he didn't care to watch a movie about rich people fighting over money. I didn't think that's all it was going to be about. However, that's pretty much what it was about. If you haven't already watched the movie, don't bother. It's about rich people fighting over millions of dollars and Mark just settles with them anyway.

But it did get me thinking...during one part of the movie the president of Harvard says something about how the students just want to invent new jobs instead of finding one. I have to say that I agree and I am guilty of wanting to do that, as well. I absolutely hate the job search, especially because it feels like I'll never find anything. But only if I could stumble across some billion dollar idea... Of course that's very misleading. Just because you come up with a billion dollar idea doesn't mean you don't have to work hard to make that billion dollars.

I do think it's amazing how Facebook has evolved and become such a major part of everyones' lives. Almost everyone I know uses Facebook. We all update Facebook regularly. We all look at Facebook regularly. It must be amazing to be the creator of Facebook and know that you changed the way people interact forever (or at least until the next big technology comes along).

No comments:

Post a Comment