Pages

Friday, May 6, 2016

SNO: Howdy y'all!

My favorite event of the year, Spouses Night Out, has come and gone. I think this was the best one yet! I am so sad that this was the last one I will be participating in, but maybe I will start up something similar at our next base.
Our group for the evening. Everyone did such a great job with their outfits!
Aren't these cows so cute? The planning committee did a great job creating this photo spot.
I had fun putting together my outfit for this year's SNO. I love, love, love this top that I purchased from Modcloth!
I have never in my life wanted to own cowboy boots, but I had to get some for this theme. These came from DSW. I've worn them several times already and have gotten a lot of compliments on them.
One of my friends who had been stationed at Goodfellow said that Ryan Gosling had been there, so I thought I would make a Hey Girl to share with folks at SNO.
Each group had to give a presentation about our base. I shared a lot of fun facts about San Angelo and Goodfellow and even pulled out a little Southern accent while doing it. 

Our Goodfellow side of the table. The sign is modeled after the entry sign at Goodfellow AFB. The table also features pictures of the Wing Commander, Vice Wing Commander and Chief of Goodfellow. I also printed out patches from various squadrons at the base and scattered them on the tablecloth. 
This is the back of the Goodfellow table. It features the Sheep of San Angelo. I love how it turned out!
I am very proud of my Texas table. The centerpiece is an old window frame that I purchased at a local antique store. I accidentally broke the glass and thought it was ruined! But I thought of a plan to redeem it. I strung fishing line across and was able to hang the Texas state outline on it. I received a lot of compliments last night and it made me feel great!
The back of our Texas table. For the table as a whole, I made sure to include some Texas favorite--HEB grocery bag, Whataburger cup and bag, Shiner beer, and more.
This year's event featured a Grog bowl...either a yummy or yucky one. I was lucky enough not to break any of the rules, so I did not get called up to the Grog.
I did partake in a few jell-o shots at our tailgating before SNO.
I was bummed that we did not win any of the awards again, but I did walk away with the door prize that I wanted. It included a free hair cut and style and a great Thirty-One travel toiletry bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment