Pages

Thursday, July 6, 2023

Stockholm Museums

While visiting Stockholm, we checked out two vastly different museums. Both were equally cool to visit, so I highly recommend if you're in town!

The first was the Stockholm Toy Museum. Charles and I have visited a couple other toy museums (Basel, Switzerland, Kansas City, and Nuremberg, Germany). It makes for a fun trip down memory lane. The Stockholm Toy Museum was unique because of the building--it was a cave! 



I loved the way they displayed the toy cars in a car!


One of my favorite things is doll house displays. However, what the heck is a skeleton doing in the closet of this one???


The other museum was not really on my radar until I was chatting with my Dad. I called him on Father's Day for a quick chat and he mentioned the Vasa Museum and recommended that we go. When Dad gives a recommendation, you listen! 

The Vasa Museum features the world's only preserved 17th century ship. On our Old Town walking tour, we learned that the museum is managed by a guy from South Carolina. Small world! He had learned about the Vasa when he was growing up and was so fascinated by it that he became an expert in it. 


The whole museum is built around this ship that they recovered from the ocean. It sank immediately upon its maiden voyage and lay submerged in the water for hundreds of years.



No comments:

Post a Comment